Software Engineer (front-end) - Capacity Engineering
US - Remote US
Who we are:
Twitter is looking for a senior frontend software engineer to join the Capacity Engineering team.
You will work with a team of software engineers and data scientists to build a new capacity management platform to predict demand, track supply, prioritize allocation and examine utilization across a fleet of hundreds of thousands of physical servers in our private cloud and an expanding footprint in public cloud. You’ll build clean UIs to help Engineering visualize and plan their capacity needs and prediction models for short and long-term demand projections to drive the necessary supply. Collaborating with business leaders, Finance, and Engineering you’ll deliver deep insights into how budgets are spent and capacity utilized to understand the return on investments. You’ll provide Finance and Supply actionable recommendations about trends to inform long term strategic planning for the business.
What you’ll do:
- Build the frontend components of a capacity management platform including UIs and data visualizations to assist in capacity planning and dashboards to represent key performance metrics.
- Work with the technical lead to iterate on the different user interfaces to support capacity management processes, including driving changes to processes to simplify or eliminate the need for interfaces.
- Work with data scientists to design clear, simple data visualizations and intuitive interfaces to support ad-hoc drill downs into large datasets.
Who you are:
- You have a strong technical background in modern web development and libraries, especially with React.
- You can rapidly iterate on designs and are highly collaborative.
- You care about user experiences and UIs that are clean, simple, and have already made as many decisions as possible for the user, even if that user is a highly competent engineer.
- Cares deeply about good engineering practices including testing, code hygiene and development tooling.
- You enjoy building tools to help other engineers.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience building web UIs and have a portfolio.
- Experience with interfaces and visualizations to support data analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with Figma or other UX design collaborations tools
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.