Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager
Who We Are:
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping users stay informed, inform others and discuss what matters.
Twitter is looking for a design manager to lead the design team responsible for the Customer Journeys job at Twitter, as part of the Stay Informed design team. We see staying informed is the primary reason people come to Twitter, and being informed is the first step in participating in the public conversation.
A key step in helping people Stay Informed involves onboarding people to Twitter in the first place, inviting back customers who have been away for a while, and alerting people when interesting things are happening on the platform. The manager role involves steering the work and careers of the designers working on Onboarding, Returning Customers, and Notifications.
Generally, the Twitter Design family envisions the products that fuel Twitter’s mission to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences. We believe in building strong relationships, surpassing expectations, and having fun along the way.
Who You Are:
You are a customer obsessed design leader. You will bring a mix of strong leadership experience, team investment, ‘Design-Thinking’ methodologies, design system knowledge, talent, expertise, and innovative product insights to the role. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment. You will foster cross-functional and cross product area collaboration and consistency by working closely with product managers and engineers to shape the vision and define the roadmap for our products. You will partner with our Research team to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design. You will always champion user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- 6-10 years experience in a fast-paced and dynamic cross functional environment
- Mastery of product design, user interface and interaction design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping.
- Can identify larger scope issues and play a leadership role with cross functional partners to develop creative solutions for bringing new products to market.
- Able to facilitate creative workshops that drive solutions for large scope issues.
- Proven record of acting as a leader across multiple teams through the application of design thinking, craft, customer focus, and product contributions.
- Able to develop and communicate a cohesive strategy for how all products in your area work together to advance a long term product vision and add customer value.
- Can consistently demonstrate an insightful understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape, emerging technology, and market trends and set an example of delivering high value work for customers.
- Experience working across multiple product areas and uniting stakeholders
- Experience running design projects, and collaborating effectively with engineering managers, product leaders and researchers
- Experience with the creation of design systems and componentization
- Consistent track record of mentoring talented designers to achieve their best performance
- Experience directing both the visual and interaction design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms
- A diverse portfolio, across web and mobile, that reflect critical thinking and design excellence
- Strong communication, storytelling and presentation with confidence
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- A passion for Twitter and its potential, and a desire to reach every person on the planet in our purpose to serve the public conversation
- Clear and precise writing and communication skills
- Embrace and encourage diverse perspectives to inspire product thinking
- Business acumen
- Great but not required:
- Experience building tools for developers.
- A passion for and interest in data.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By applying for this role, you could choose to work in the following locations:
New York City
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.