Communications Manager (Technology)
Twitter is an iconic and global service for self-expression and conversation. Twitter is the best place to see what's happening and to talk about it. Whether it’s breaking news, entertainment, sports, or everyday topics, Twitter lets you connect with people anywhere in the world through real-time conversations around shared interests and live events. Anything that happens in the world happens first on Twitter, and a career at Twitter offers a chance to jump into the weird, wonderful world that is our service.
What We’re Looking For
We are searching for a communications manager to support the global communications team, with a focus on product communications, specifically focusing on our technology, privacy and data protection efforts, as well as our developer platform. The ideal candidate should be interested and excited to work on a global communications team, create relationships with reporters – nationally and globally – and work with internal and external stakeholders to share stories about Twitter’s technological innovations.
This position is located in San Francisco and will work cross functionally with the product, marketing, services, social, engineering and partnerships teams to craft and drive a global narrative about our product work. The ideal candidate has experience at a communications agency, on a communications team, at a media outlet, or in a related field. They should have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly, thrive in high-pressure situations and of course, this person should be familiar with Twitter!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with various Twitter teams on product launches, announcements, issues and other news
- Craft communications materials with a high degree of consistency, conviction, and strong tone of voice (e.g. messaging docs, communications plans, blog posts, statements, Tweets)
- Drive proactive, creative storytelling around our products and the people who build them across a range of media, both traditional and non-traditional (press, podcasts, speaking engagements, video, etc.)
- Help the team establish and maintain relationships with reporters nationally and globally.
- Manage a high-volume of incoming queries from media covering product matters, and be able to consult and drive towards decision-making on press response during high-pressure scenarios
- Serve as a company spokesperson in the U.S. and in other markets.
- Draft, manage through reviews, and upload blog posts and Tweets for announcements and updates
- Track press coverage for key announcements; identify and correct inaccuracies in stories
- Support team to drive proactive stories in global, local and industry-focused publications
- 3-5 years of experience in agency or in-house communications, journalism, or related field
- Proactive, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment
- Simple and clear writer and communicator
- Understanding of complex technical concepts and tools
- Comprehension of and interest in current events, media landscape and Internet culture
- Demonstrated social media expertise, especially love for Twitter
- Experience and desire to work with global press
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.