Sr. Manager, Comms - Corporate
New York or San Francisco
Twitter is the fastest way to see what’s happening. Every day incredible things happen on Twitter and our communications team shares these moments, trends and product launches with the world.
What we’re looking for:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Communications - Corporate to help us tell our story. Based in San Francisco or New York and reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications in NY, this person will work alongside global colleagues in Finance, Investor Relations, Legal, I&D and Corporate Development as well as cross-functionally with the rest of the Communications team to help tell stories about the company’s mission to serve the public conversation. The ideal candidate has a successful record of managing strong press relationships and operating in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the Corporate Communications strategy and planning, including the quarterly earnings reporting process
- Execute reactive and proactive communications plans and strategies using all channels: interviews, blog posts, statements, Tweets, etc.
- Help field press@ inquiries to ensure we are responding to inquiries in a timely and strategic fashion, serving as early warning response for potential issues
- Liase with Policy, Product, Consumer, Customer Comms teams regarding announcements and launches
- Cultivate positive relationships with press that cover Twitter and help develop new media relationships
- Track press coverage for key announcements; identify/flag inaccurate or misleading pieces
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal partners in Finance, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Legal and I&D.
- Work with the Speakers’ Bureau to develop strategic speaking plans for members of Staff and others.
What you need:
- 8-12 years of Corporate communications experience in an agency or in-house environment (with tech industry preferred)
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree (no major preferred -- we love diverse perspectives) or equivalent work experience
- A passion for Twitter and our mission
- Excellent writing, editing and messaging skills
- To be flexible, collaborative and an all-around team player
- A global perspective and an ability to work with different cultures, perspectives and attitudes
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience devising, executing, and measuring the success of proactive media campaigns, including creating media lists, briefing documents, and coverage analysis for internal audiences
- Basic knowledge of public financial markets, economics of the online advertising business, and the consumer Internet industry
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization — from individual contributors to executive staff
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.