Software Engineer Developer Productivity - Engineering Effectiveness
Who We Are
Part of Twitter’s Engineering Effectiveness organization , our team ensures Twitter engineers have the tools necessary to produce healthy code. Whether that’s improving our code review tools, identifying flaky tests, enabling language upgrades, or building a new generation of semantic tooling our team is the next step in developer efficiency at Twitter.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to a wide array of developer tooling such as compilers, build systems, static and dynamic code analysis systems, code review systems, and code search systems.
- Integrate the IDE experience with the latest technologies such as the Language Server Protocol (LSP) and Build Server Protocol (BSP).
- Improve the daily workflow of engineers.
- Tackle critical large scale software engineering problems presented by working on a mono repo codebase.
- Optimize compile times.
- Enable and perform language and library upgrades.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in a joint effort to tackle customer problems.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Willing to embrace and enrich Twitter’s culture of empathy, teamwork and passion. #GrowTogether
- Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
- Passionate about improving developer productivity
- Strive for speed and quality
- Desire to automate
- Enjoy interacting with and helping customers
- Model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.