Who are we:
The Developer Enterprise Solutions team at Twitter is looking for a Partner Engineer focus on proactive and reactive technical developer support and ensure that prospective and existing platform developers succeed with our external Twitter APIs and data products.
Twitter’s developer platform powers thousands of developer apps and businesses that create solutions, including B2B software tools for customer service, social analytics, and marketing management, that make Twitter more accessible, healthy, and useful to the world. Twitter’s Developer and Enterprise Solutions team (DES) is primarily focused on Twitter’s developer platform, building and supporting commercial data products, and enterprise solutions business. We are one of the fastest growing parts of Twitter today.
What you'll do:
The developer relations team is part of a larger mission to make the Twitter platform accessible for developers to build an ecosystem of business solutions for conversational marketing and customer service, listen and analyze the public conversation all over the world.
- Consult with partners to optimize their use of Twitter’s products and maximize the business value they receive
- Interact with developers and partners via email, phone, and public forums to troubleshoot and solve their technical integration problems
- Diagnose complex product bugs, issues, and feature requests, communicate their nature and impact to product and engineering teams, and provide technical assistance and information to facilitate their resolution
- Work closely with partners’ product and engineering teams to guide implementation of solutions using Twitter’s products and APIs to solve specific business needs
- Provide internal support to sales and account management in the areas of product functionality and technical details
- Create documentation and materials to address knowledge gaps and accelerate partners’ understanding and adoption of Twitter’s products
- Collaborate with internal account management and product teams to understand the product roadmap and its application to customer needs - including technical and business implications to partner solutions
- Build and document code examples to assist partners with data API integrations
- Ability to comfortably and professionally work directly with customer stakeholders of all types (software developers, product managers, senior business representatives, etc.) to define and accomplish shared objectives
- Ability to translate customers’ business needs into technical solution requirements
- Ability to understand and communicate deep technical topics with developers and product managers
- Excellent project management skills, including scoping, stakeholder management, and communication, and comfortable running projects with significant autonomy
- Ability to manage competing priorities of multiple stakeholders and coordinate with multiple stakeholder organizations
- Knack for understanding new problems and topics through self-driven research and discovery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years of experience working in a partner engineering role with enterprise software customers
- Coding proficiency for one or more languages
- Knowledge of the social media/enterprise software space, data analytics (preferably with social media and/or streaming data), and associated software products
- Experience writing code that uses APIs
- Experience drafting and using technical documentation
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.