Director of Product, Home
We are looking for an extraordinary product leader to help build the future of Twitter’s Home Timeline. The Timeline is the core to the Twitter experience: it’s where customers keep up with what’s happening, find interesting conversations to join, and share what’s on their mind.
As a Director of Product on Home, you will help define our strategy and roadmap for how customers connect with the people and conversations they care about most. You’ll work with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and researchers to launch new features for hundreds of millions of customers.
If you are customer-obsessed, a creative and analytical thinker, and seek the thrill of having direct impact on Twitter’s core experience, this role is for you!
Who We Are:
Our company purpose is to serve the public conversation. The Home team (part of the Consumer Product organization at Twitter) helps serve that conversation by making it easy for people to find and join the best conversations as they unfold. Our team owns the overall customer experience of the Home tab, including the look and feel of the timeline and the machine learning systems that power Tweet ranking. We drive a significant portion of Twitter’s audience growth and are a high impact team.
What You’ll Do:
- Build deep understanding of our different types of customers and their needs that Home can serve
- Identify opportunities for our product to better serve those customer needs and work with your design, research and engineering partners to craft, test, and launch new product features
- Set the pace for shipping world-class product features that delight our customers and contribute to our company’s most important goals
- Mentor and hire other bright and talented Product Managers
Who You Are:
- Obsessed with building products people love.
- Have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship great consumer products.
- Experience building an understanding of customers, and rapidly iterating to figure out how to serve their needs and solve their problems (via rapid prototyping, concept testing, experimentation, etc)
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, are a self starter and an analytical thinker.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.