Director, Global Strategy and Operations - Emerging Businesses
Who we are:
The Global Strategy and Operations (GSO) team at Twitter partners with our Sales and Revenue Product teams to grow revenue, craft and execute go-to-market strategies and manage processes and systems to enable productivity.
About the role:
As Director in the GSO team, you will run the function for our MoPub and Data and Enterprise Solutions (DES) business units, as well as drive innovation across new/emerging business lines for Twitter.
- MoPub is the world’s leading mobile monetization platform for mobile application publishers, designed to maximize ad revenue for mobile app developers. We offer an industry-leading, comprehensive platform that pulls together all direct and 3rd party demand into a real-time unified auction that is being used by many of the largest app developers in the world.
- The mission of the Developer and Enterprise Solutions (DES) team is to help the world stay informed and advance the public conversation through the use of our developer platform. Our developer platform is a unique lever for Twitter to invite all those people to serve the public conversation with us. Our customers are the developers who choose to build with us.
You will be a key business partner and leader for both MoPub and DES, building and executing core strategic and operational processes - such as business planning and strategy, facilitating key decision making, and managing systems and tools development. You will collaborate with senior leaders in MoPub/DES and cross-functional Twitter teams to quickly understand issues and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate is a leader, adviser, self-starter, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You do not shy away from rolling up your sleeves and creating solutions to problems that have not been tackled yet.
How does success in this role look like?
- Deeply embed with the MoPub and DES teams and become the strategic and operational backbone.
- Be highly proactive in effectively and quickly driving strategic and operational initiatives across the orgs.
- Create innovative, data-driven strategies to enable operational objectives.
- Lead significant short- and long-term efforts contributing to the overall growth, productivity, and ultimately profitability of MoPub and DES.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with senior leaders across the Twitter Sales, Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Accounting and other orgs.
- Participates as part of the MoPub/DES leadership teams, facilitating key decisions and driving execution across both commercial and product objectives.
- Communicates priorities, activities, and results to the larger org, while ensuring deliverables are met. Has a strong pulse and feedback loop on the team needs.
- Helps build a successful and healthy team: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes.
- Represents MoPub and DES as a key liaison in coordinating with other internal planning functions (e.g. Finance, Accounting, HR, etc.). Identifies and takes on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives.
- Develops content and drives communication across MoPub/DES and rest of the company, communicating regular business updates, key results, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Twitter executive team and the Board.
- Incubates analytical frameworks, systems and tools development, and strategic BD deal economics to identify and execute on growth opportunities for the business.
- Builds and executes a Twitter-wide framework for innovation/experimentation, providing an effective engine for identifying, prioritizing, evaluating, testing and scaling opportunities to develop and nurture future business lines for Twitter.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a combination of management/strategy consulting and technology company experience.
- Deep experience with sales and business operations required. B2B internet business models such as ad-supported and subscription/licensing strongly preferred.
- Strong business analyst with demonstrated success in uncovering and building cases for new growth opportunities, as well as recognizing threats to a business. Ability to apply effective financial and analytical frameworks.
- Sophisticated operational experience in the Internet, consumer, media/entertainment, or information business segment highly preferred.
- Proven excellence in all areas of strategy development, including project management, problem-solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development.
- Proven results working with senior leaders, while having the emotional intelligence to be effective cross-functionally.
- Experience partnering with diverse technical and non-technical teams, spanning all organizational levels and geographies.
- Clear and precise communication and presentation skills.
- Global experience is a plus.
- Competence with SQL or any other form of database / analytical packages
- The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will have earned an undergraduate degree from top-tier institutions. Graduate degrees are a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.