Twitter is looking for a talented, experienced ACD Copywriter to join our Marketing team and help tell the world what we’re all about. The ACD Copywriter reports to our Executive Creative Director, and is responsible for both writing copy for advertising, campaigns, videos, websites, and emails and for mentoring other writers. It’s an opportunity to help shape the way Twitter communicates to millions of users and potential users around the world. The ACD Copywriter will work as an integral member to the Global Brand and Creative #Studio team.
A successful candidate will be both a storyteller and a strategist, with proven experience defining and applying a consumer brand voice through innovative ideas. Please apply if you have a nearly unlimited supply of perfect headlines, a talent for turning abstract concepts into captivating phrases, an ability to spin any creative brief into gold, and a passion for bringing out the best in those around you. (Ideally, you hate ads and you are a recovering producer and/or strategist who finally turned your passion for appealing to people through the written word into a paid job, ironically funded by marketing. After work hours you are secretly writing a screenplay.)
- Write compelling, actionable copy for a wide variety of project types and campaigns...everything from applying our brand voice on a grand scale to highly effective direct response materials.
- Ensure that a consistent story is carried through everywhere from in-product touchpoints to outbound marketing channels.
- Effectively communicate complex, abstract concepts in fresh, exciting, and creative new ways.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues on a variety of teams.
- You know and use Twitter.
- At least 10-12 years writing experience at a consumer-facing tech company or world-class creative agency (ideally including 5+ years of leading other writers).
- A world-class portfolio, representing a wide range of highly relevant, consumer-facing work.
- Experience writing materials with very direct calls to action as well as more strategic brand messaging.
- Hands-on experience defining and maintaining a brand’s written voice.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects at once (and on deadline!).
- Motivates and inspires others to do their best work
- Detail-oriented, responsive to feedback and comfortable with tight deadlines.
- Possesses limitless patience, unflappable focus and a healthy sense of humor.
- Sees the big strategic picture while also maintaining a rigorous eye for detail.
- Able to both receive and deliver all types of feedback
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national
origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.