Software Engineer, Mobile (Hiring Events)
As part of Twitter’s Mobile team you'll be responsible for bringing some of our core products to Android and iOS (home timeline / trends / search / tweet anatomy / detail pages) along with mobile revenue products that are directly responsible for our multi-billion dollar revenue stream. You’ll build compelling new experiences in feature areas such as Search, Moments, DMs, and more. You will use your in-depth knowledge of all things iOS or Android to craft new Twitter features that are uniquely Twitter.
Why it matters:
Our engineering teams contribute to the services and infrastructure that connect hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about what’s relevant in their lives and the world we live in. People from all backgrounds use Twitter. Our mission is to make our company reflect our service which is why we are strongly encouraging diverse talent, traditionally underrepresented in tech (women, black, Latinx, native American, etc.) to apply.
The hiring events will be held in one of the following locations: San Francisco, New York City, Boulder, Atlanta, Miami and Washington DC. These events include interviewing and immediate hiring.
Here’s what to expect from the process:
- You could be asked to complete a code challenge before the event.
- After the code challenge, you could interview onsite at the event with one of our teams that support the Consumer, Revenue, and Platform businesses.
- Successful candidates will eventually be placed in Twitter’s SF headquarters, work in a distributed Twitter office (e.g. Boulder, Atlanta, New York City, Boston/Cambridge) or work remotely (for those who qualify).
For successful candidates, we also offer:
- Relocation assistance (for those who qualify)
- Immigration support, for eligible candidates
- Non accrued vacation policy
- Inclusive & competitive benefits (Medical, 401k, Global Parenting Program, Fertility Assistance, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!)
What it takes:
- 4 - 6 years professional work experience developing mobile applications (on Android or iOS)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience developing mobile applications (on Android or iOS)
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
What you’ll be doing:
You’re an experienced mobile engineer looking to make Twitter for Android & iOS one of the best mobile experiences out there. You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
If this sounds like you, you probably:
- Use top-notch programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java, Objective-C, Swift or Kotlin
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones
- Work closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and engineers
- Write tests and perform quality assurance
- Advocate for the principles of accessibility and the ability to build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities
Who we are:
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate and solve problems together. We believe conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what we call Twitter employees) come to work every day.
Twitter is experiencing unprecedented growth with its Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) organizations as it enters its teenage tech years. We have a great platform, passionate users, and a very bright future. Launched in July 2006, Twitter now has 320M active users. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have a global presence of over 3,900 employees across 33 offices, with over half of these employees representing EPD.
Job opportunities should be equal. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: In response to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we’d like to mention that we consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.