Software Engineer, Full Stack (Hiring Events)
As a senior full-stack developer on the Engineering, Product, and Design team, you’ll work on the core features of twitter.com. Think timelines, tweets, search, trends, notifications, tweet details/permalink, etc. If you’re interested in working on revenue, we have you covered. Our Revenue teams build the most critical systems and infrastructure across the business and are directly responsible for our multi-billion dollar revenue stream. If you prefer to improve Twitter by building scalable infrastructure platforms, then our Platform Engineering teams are the place to explore. Platform teams focus on performance, usability, and accessibility of our platform.
Why it matters:
Our engineering teams contribute to the services and infrastructure that connect hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about what’s relevant in their lives and the world we live in. People from all backgrounds use Twitter. Our mission is to make our company reflect our service, which is why we strongly encourage diverse talent, traditionally underrepresented in tech (women, black, latinx, native american, etc.) to apply.
The hiring events will be held in one of the following locations: San Francisco, New York City, Boulder, Atlanta, Miami, Mexico City and Washington DC. These events include interviewing and immediate hiring.
Here’s what to expect from the process:
- You could be asked to complete a code challenge before the event.
- After the code challenge, you could interview onsite at the event with one of our teams that support the Consumer, Revenue, and Platform businesses.
- Successful candidates will eventually be placed in Twitter’s SF headquarters, work in a distributed Twitter office (e.g. Boulder, New York City, Bos/Cambridge), or work remotely (for those who qualify).
For successful candidates, we offer:
- Relocation assistance (for those who qualify)
- Immigration support, for eligible candidates
- Non accrued vacation policy
- Inclusive & competitive benefits (Medical, 401k, Global Parenting Program, Fertility Assistance, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!)
What it takes:
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
What you’ll do:
- Write code, learn new technologies, and collaborate with teammates
- Design and implement awesome new features through innovation and data-driven iterations at Twitter scale
- Push the limits of product innovation, using the latest advancements in technology and methods, while working closely with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
- Work in an environment with a sense of urgency and rapidly iterate on product/platform features
Who we are:
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. We believe conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what we call Twitter employees) come to work every day.
Twitter is experiencing unprecedented growth with its Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) organizations as it enters its teenage tech years. We have a great platform, passionate users, and a very bright future. Launched in July 2006, Twitter now has 320M active users. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have a global presence of over 3,900 employees across 33 offices, with over half of these employees representing EPD.
Job opportunities should be equal. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: In response to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we’d like to mention that we consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!