Senior User Researcher, Consumer Product - Health, Safety and Abuse
What you’ll do
You’re an experienced researcher with a strong working understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You know exactly when to engage with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, handling load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
- Work with Design, Engineering, Product, Trust & Safety, and Marketing to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process
- Partner with product teams to identify where we should evaluate ideas, concepts, and existing experiences, and assist the team in making critical design decisions affecting the user experience
- Lead larger research initiatives
- Mentor junior researchers
- Deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to partners
- Balance company goals with user needs
- Help product teams more deeply understand our users
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or related field
- 7+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - demonstrated expertise in a relevant field
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Methodologies may include experimental design, log analysis, surveys, ethnographic field research, in-depth interviews, lab and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working directly with Design, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams
- Experience conducting research related to online privacy, abuse, and harassment a plus
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!