Senior Engineering Manager, Product Insights and Experimentation
Who We Are:
The Product Insights and Experimentation (PIE) Team is looking for an experienced leader. PIE’s mission is to enable fast and rigorous product experimentation, and to provide automated tools to generate insights and understanding of Twitter user behavior.
PIE is responsible for Twitter’s experimentation methodology and implementation, as well as visualization and analysis tools that help teams understand user behavior. PIE works with product management, engineering, data science, user research, and senior leadership to help increase our rate of innovation. The team employs a wide variety of open-source technologies including Hadoop, Presto, Scalding, Summingbird, and Spark, just to name a few.
What You’ll Do:
Work with PIE engineers, data scientists, and counterparts in product development to define the roadmap for Twitter’s experimentation platform and key product, DDG (which stands for “Duck Duck Goose”). We’re looking for an exceptional people manager with a background in product experimentation and metrics.
Meet regularly with PIE Team engineers. Provide timely feedback and mentor engineers with their career growth. Build and grow the team by refining and improving processes and hiring new engineers.
Lead meetings with key partners and customers across the product development organization. Provide support and education to product managers, engineers, and data scientists that use DDG.
Guide the development and optimization of data pipelines, discuss statistical methods for computing confidence intervals on metrics, help establish standard methodologies for product development and experimentation, and communicate the impact of product changes to senior leadership.
Appreciate our collaborative atmosphere. Give and receive feedback to build trust and transparency. Join a team that loves where we work!
Who You Are:
- Experienced in hypothesis-driven product development and A/B testing
- Strong working knowledge of experiment statistics, data platforms, and pipelines
- Twitter’s “one team” culture really resonates with your work style
- Experienced at building teams by hiring, coaching engineers, developing careers, and managing engineer performance
- Skilled at expectation management and a great advocate for your team
- Open, honest and feel as though trust is the best way to build relationships
- Skilled at building relationships with team members and fellow technical leaders
- Must have experience with product experimentation, A/B testing, data pipelines and experiment analysis and metrics
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing communication across various organizations to build consensus
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advocate for strong software engineering best practices (e.g. unit and integration testing, code reviews, design documentation).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!