Machine Learning Engineer - Japanese Search
Who We Are:
Twitter Search is the search engine for Twitter: it’s the place to find the most relevant and engaging content for any topic or interest. We build products on top of are all time pipeline that processes nearly one trillion tweets from the whole of Twitter’s history, organizes the world’s conversation as it happens, and personalizes it to each individual user’s needs and context. We connect users to the most relevant people and conversations around their interests. We need your help building this exciting product!
What You’ll Do:
Improve Twitter search in the Japanese market. Working on various parts of the Search product and algorithms that impact the Japanese market.
- You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Twitter, designing and implementing system components or product features that may sit anywhere in the Twitter Search backend stack.
- Collaborating with both backend engineers and client engineers inside the team and across teams, conducting code reviews and design reviews.
- Writing code and tests for production services, offline jobs, and internal tools
- Conducting offline and online experiments.
- Deploying and maintaining production services, participating in on-call rotations.
- Collaborating with other platform engineers and SREs.
Who You Are:
You have a passion for machine learning and improving the ways people consume the world, live. You’re a relevance engineer, applied data scientist or machine-learning engineer who wants to work on exciting algorithmic and deep infrastructure issues. You’re experienced in solving large scale relevance problems and comfortable building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
- Familiar with Japanese language
- Knowledge and passion for NLP in general
- Familiar with text embeddings and other deep learning techniques.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following: machine learning, information retrieval, recommendation systems, social network analysis
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews and writing code in Java, Scala and Python.
- Solid understanding of fundamental CS concepts.
- Designed and evaluated systems for handling high-volume real-time data and requests.
- Passionate about working with large unstructured and structured data sets.
- Experienced in collaborating across multiple teams including analytics, product management, and operations.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science with 2 or more years of experience or equivalent degree and work experience.
- Complete Japanese and English fluency a plus
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!