Legal Policy Agent, Copyright, (Singapore)
Our Trust & Safety team has an opening at Twitter’s Singapore Office. Come join us!
Who We Are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department work to safeguard the user’s voice in balance with manageable risk through policy enforcement that promotes trust in Twitter. Areas of focus include privacy and intellectual property rights, government and law enforcement requests, advertising policies, and safety advocacy.
What You’ll Do:
Twitter Trust & Safety seeks a goal-oriented, focused individual to join our Legal Policy team in Singapore. If you're analytical, detail-oriented, dedicated, able to multitask and passionate about online speech, intellectual property, and user rights, apply today!
You will handle global legal requests for content removal from start to finish, including document intake, processing, and follow-up. You will work closely with Legal Policy team members in San Francisco, Ireland, and Singapore on prioritizing requests and making the team’s operations more efficient. Legal Policy team members also serve on an on-call rotation working closely with other members of Trust & Safety to provide timely responses to emergency requests from all over the world.
Experience in reviewing, documenting, and tracking legal requests (including DMCA notices) is helpful. You will be responsible for supporting your team in making sure requests are processed and tracked in an efficient and timely manner. This role requires partial weekend coverage (a Saturday or Sunday shift).
Who You Are:
● You have experience with high volume legal document intake and processing, including DMCA notices
● You are at ease with providing clear and concise responses to time-sensitive requests
● You are an excellent communicator, and will maintain open, thorough, and regular communication with teammates and cross-functional teams
● You are flexible and can adjust accordingly to ensure team efficiency and deliverables are met
● You are detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment even when they are sometimes monotonous
● You are able to spot anomalies or unusual patterns in requests you handle
● You can deliver consistent high-quality work
● You are looking for an entry level position, due to limited or no prior work experience
● You are a keen decision maker, self motivated, and a team player
● Familiarity with copyright and online intellectual property issues
● Previous experience with customer support and ticketing systems
● Excellent business judgment and strategic thinker; extremely detail-oriented
● Exceptional communication and writing skills
● Passion and enthusiasm for protecting freedom of expression and user privacy
● Perseverance, determination, and grit; a stand out colleague
● Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively
● This role requires weekend coverage (Saturday or Sunday)
● Legal Policy team members also serve on an on-call rotation working closely with other members of Trust & Safety to provide timely responses to emergency requests from all over the world
● 1-2 years experience at a tech company in a similar role
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education / experience
● Complete fluency in English and a second language (Preferable languages include Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Korean, or French)
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this is a full-time role in Singapore. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
You may be exposed to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to, vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!