Head of Communications, Twitter Asia Pacific
Twitter is an iconic service and global platform for self-expression and live conversation. Twitter is the best place to see what's happening now and to talk about it. Whether it’s breaking news, entertainment, sports, or everyday topics, Twitter lets you connect with people anywhere in the world through real-time conversations around shared interests and live events. Anything that happens, you see it first on Twitter, and a career at Twitter offers many ways to make a positive impact on society and in people’s daily lives.
Twitter is one of the leading media platforms in the Asia Pacific region today and Asia Pacific is a high-growth region for Twitter globally. We are currently seeking an Asia Pacific Communications Head to provide vision and leadership for results-oriented public relations programs, external, executive, and employee communications for Twitter. The Head of Communications, Asia Pacific will be based in the company’s Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore. The ideal candidate has extensive Asia Pacific communications experience, ideally with expertise in China and/or India and additional experience with Southeast Asia, Australia or South Korea.
We seek an expert storyteller who can enhance Twitter’s corporate reputation and leadership position, educate people on why and how they should use Twitter, persuade advertisers and partners to connect with their audience on Twitter, and protect our brand when facing crisis communications/safety issues. This executive thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a critical thinker, an inclusive leader with strong executive presence, and has the ability to motivate and develop teams and influence senior leaders. Ideally, this person should have a successful track record of building inspirational/admired consumer and/or Internet brands, and has proven PR/Communications experience such as developing strategic messaging/content, managing media relations programs, driving creative consumer campaigns, handling crisis situations with good judgment, and increasing employee engagement. And of course, this person must be passionate about Twitter!
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal stakeholders in Asia Pacific, as well as the global communications team, to effectively frame the region’s high-growth messaging for multiple audiences (consumers, advertisers, partners, employees)
- Lead/drive proactive media relations campaigns and high-profile executive visibility programs that increase consumer and business usage of Twitter across the Asia Pacific region
- Execute worldwide corporate, consumer and business communications campaigns in a regionally relevant manner, while working closely with Policy Communications colleagues across the region
- Develop high-impact storytelling campaigns, plans and communications materials (e.g. messaging docs, press releases, blog posts, statements, Tweets, bylined articles, infographics)
- Manage a high-volume of incoming queries from regional media covering a wide range of consumer, business, product and corporate matters
- Oversee multiple Twitter blogs and official accounts across the region
- Be a company spokesperson in Asia Pacific and represent Twitter as an industry leader to relevant third party organizations as needed
- Lead a regional communications team of 8 and manage a regional PR agency network to develop annual/quarterly plans and deliver efficient Comms campaigns with measurable results
- Report to Global VP of Communications based in San Francisco, while being a trusted communications partner for the Asia Pacific VP and regional management team
- Minimum 15+ years experience in consumer and/or technology PR with extensive corporate reputation/crisis comms exposure
- A strong understanding of the geopolitical and regulatory environments across the region, in particular Greater China
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Hands-on agency and/or in-house experience with consumer / online / media company, preferably with a North American/US MNC
- Demonstrated social media expertise, especially love for Twitter
- Strong relationships with key regional consumer and business media
- Strong writing, messaging and storytelling skills
- Effective collaboration, planning and team leadership skills
- Flexible, able to work independently, and thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Full fluency in English (Speaking, Reading & Writing) - Mandarin is a plus.
- Ability to travel to the US and around the region on a regular basis
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!