Events Coordinator, Japan (Tokyo)
Who we are
We create and maintain workspaces that enable our employees to do their best work. When you join our team, you’ll help oversee the real estate event planning and more. We make sure our workspaces reflect the regional and cultural needs of our locations, as well as ensure they’re safe, functional, comfortable, and embody our culture. We provide a world class workplace for a world class product.
Coordinate, design and execute events at Twitter Tokyo. Oversee complex internal events from concept to execution. Support all company business initiatives with strong emphasis on promoting culture and elevating event functions, designs, and programs. Core responsibilities include administrative communication, resource management, client engagement, employee culture, and creative event design.
- Innovate in Tokyo event spaces to create trendy and engaging events that are on-brand and elevate the design of our workplace
- Manage team’s administrative efforts and daily logistical communication to event support teams (AV, janitorial, security, and catering)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to lead event logistics and workplace communication (Internal stakeholders include: recruiting and engineering, community relations, sales and marketing, media, developer and product relations, diversity and inclusion, and internal communications.)
- Act as event team point of contact for building management. Send weekly updates regarding event calendar, security, and workplace logistics
- Provide onsite and after-hours event coordination including floor plan creation, vendor communication, decor, security, catering, bar presentation, and event signage
- Track budget and event spend
- Manage internal team requests for booking of event spaces
- Act as event consultant to business resource groups in advising best practices and creating strategy
- Collaborate with Real Estate and Workplace Operations and design team to upgrade and enhance event spaces
- Develop positive relationships with external vendors in catering, furniture rentals, venues, lighting, decor, talent and entertainment
- Assist REW Operations in advancing Tokyo event process, managing future resources, and implementing global efforts
- Has 2-3 year's relevant event operations work experience
- High level written and spoken communication skills in Japanese and English
- Knowledge of the events industry and vendor landscape
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Highly organized, detail focused, results-driven, ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Understanding of Google Suite for Business including use of Google Drive (documents, spreadsheets, etc.)
- You exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.
- You are passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!