Curator, Live Conversations & Interests (12 months)
The Twitter Curation team is focused on contextualising the biggest conversations on the platform. Our curators are based in seven different countries and we cover five languages: English, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic and Portuguese.
The Curator I - Trending Topics & Interests position on the Twitter Curation team calls for a skilled curator of digital media, who can quickly and accurately contextualise trends, write headlines and descriptions, and identify the best Twitter accounts for all kinds of subjects, interests and events.
The ideal candidate has a good grasp on a variety of content verticals (news, politics, sports, entertainment, etc.), has a deep understanding of advanced search and content verification on Twitter and is experienced using Tweetdeck and managing lists. As a member of our global Curation team, this hire will use those skills to contextualise live conversations, support the team in developing and updating lists and will also help the company develop new discovery tools, products and standards that combine human curation and machine learning.
This position is full-time, on contract for 12 months. Candidates will need to be available to work late evenings and weekends and should be very familiar with Twitter’s diverse and passionate communities and users.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Identifying events, conversations and emerging trends on Twitter
- Writing headlines and descriptions to contextualise timelines
- Creating and updating lists of Twitter accounts
- Finding user-generated lists of Twitter accounts
- Developing a content calendar based on events and metrics
- Working quickly and under time pressure without sacrificing accuracy
- Communicating early, clearly, and often when collaborating on short and long-term assignments with local as well as global colleagues
- Providing incisive feedback on the use of internal tools
- Work experience: 2+ years of experience working in journalism, social media, and/or publishing
- Deep knowledge of one or more content areas (news, politics, sports, entertainment, etc.)
- Experience researching and understanding fast-moving social media conversations in real time
- Extensive experience using Twitter — preferably as a search tool for a media outlet(s)
- Experience with tools such as Tweetdeck and Dataminr
- Education: BA/BS degree required
- Language: Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic, Hindi or Tamil is a plus.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.