Content Distribution Strategy Lead
Twitter is seeking a Content Distribution Strategy Lead to oversee general strategy and develop strategic distribution partnerships with digital app companies, publishers, and media companies. These partnerships will be based around an existing portfolio of Twitter products, tools, and services that serve to increase distribution of Twitter’s content off-platform with an eye towards delivering Twitter user-growth, incentives for Tweet creation, increased engagement, deeper relationships with strategic partners, and more.
This person will balance the creative and analytical mindsets by not only identifying and driving unique partnership integrations, but also helping to conceive and guide new product development with our product team based on clear opportunity assessment and full business case analysis.
About Content Distribution at Twitter
Globally, over a billion people view and engage with Tweets every day, off of Twitter; this is what we call ‘Syndication.’ This off-platform reach extends Twitter’s ‘What’s Happening’ market positioning to the world through scalable partnership distribution deals across the web and in apps.
- Consolidate and evolve our past/current syndication strategies for partnerships with screen owners & OEMs, app providers, publishers, and media companies, backed by clear market data and insights
- Identify and prioritize strategic partners against a set of outcomes and dependencies, and develop an updated execution plan
- Work closely with Twitter’s product & engineering teams to both identify & overcome short-term blockers to execution and help evolve our longer-term roadmap including API development
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Business Development, Sales, Media, Marketing, and Legal to help pitch, negotiate, close, partner-manage, and grow both new and existing partnerships for Twitter’s syndication-oriented tools and services
- Be an external voice for Twitter content distribution globally, and have a point-of-view on partnerships, strategy, product, communications, etc.
- Be a strong voice inside Twitter representing the views of our partners’ goals and priorities
- Identify ongoing unique business and product opportunities by developing a competitive landscape and market gap analysis, and presenting those opportunities through a solid business case
- 5+ years of business development and/or strategic partnership experience in a consumer-web, media, or technology company
- Experience identifying, negotiating, closing, launching, managing, and scaling distribution partnerships with media, technology and/or consumer web companies
- Proven track record in managing complex partnerships and identifying and optimizing opportunities with both new and existing partners
- Strong understanding of the publisher and media landscape, particularly within the digital web publisher and native apps ecosystem; experience with content syndication a big plus
- Understanding of Twitter’s strategic position and business models and passion about our mission, products and services
- Entrepreneurial mindset with interest and skills in growing new business from early stages
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- History of running quickly with little supervision and oversight
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; ability to speak fluently to executives, leaders, product managers, and engineers
- Ability to speak to general technology topics with developers and engineers, including a basic understanding of APIs and SDKs
Ability to build prospective partnership pipelines based on both internal and external data sources, develop opportunity-sizing exercises and analysis, and create partner pitch materials
You exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
You have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.
You are passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work.
Role can be based in San Francisco or New York.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!