Analyst II, User Operations (Media)
External Job Description:
Are you passionate about supporting Twitter’s users at scale and have at least 2 year’s experience in content review, online operations or support roles? Come join our team!
Who We Are
User Operations are a globally distributed ops team, within Twitter Service, tasked with ensuring the delivery of fast, high quality support to Twitter’s users in collaboration with our vendor partners.
The Twitter Service team helps the world enjoy Twitter by highlighting the best of our platform and providing continual support around the clock. We're the voice of the user at the company, working with product teams to provide insight that drives innovation. We give people the tools to use Twitter like a pro and we strive to fuel the best user experience possible. We love what we do, and our team has a ton of fun along the way.
Within the Twitter Service team the Media Operations team helps ensure users are safe and comfortable in the unique context of video and images on both the Twitter and Periscope platforms. We work closely with the internal stakeholders who drive media around the company whether it’s images, uploaded video or live broadcasts.
What You’ll Do
As a User Ops Analyst, you will work closely with key stakeholders (e.g. vendors, other User Ops Specialists and Analysts, advocates) to ensure day-to-day operations are running well. You will become an expert in how all of our policies interact with online media and will proactively identify and drive changes that improve the operation and reverse negative trends. You will be comfortable handling high-priority user escalations and edge cases as they come in.
- Lead daily media enforcement operations and agent workflows across multiple geographies to respond to complex user escalations and reports, especially related to media on both Twitter and Periscope.
- Act as domain expert and point of contact for internal partners and vendor partners to review and analyze safety and abuse reporting on the platform.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Product, Trust & Safety, Engineering, Legal, Comms and others to develop and launch new safety policies on the platform
- Create and analyze reports and dashboards to monitor and investigate operational safety abuse trends
- As a senior member of the operations team you will help to drive global strategies related to our online media and safety operations, implementing plans and overseeing their execution.
- Deliver trainings on various policies and workflows to large global teams
- Provide expert input for training material (decks, facilitator guides, knowledge bases, agent assessments) and ensure trainers on the vendor team are equipped to deliver a high quality and consistent training experience.
- Monitor established key volume performance indicators (e.g. total/manual incoming, total/manual solved, AAS, AHT) and investigate root causes of trends and spikes.
- Lead project initiatives to find new and innovative ways to consistently improve safety efforts, response times and support to users
- Take part in the global User Ops on-call rotation as needed, and respond to cases in any high-priority escalations.
- Report issues with internal tools to engineering teams and scope out new tooling requests
- Manage communication with vendors, including answering questions, providing support and working collaboratively on scaling solutions
- Lead the delivery of large cross-functional initiatives within the team and across Twitter Service.
- We take the wellness of all of our staff and contractors very seriously but it is important for you to know that as a part of this job you will need to review or be exposed to sensitive and potentially disturbing content. This includes but is not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
Who You Are:
- Experience in handling user reports and/or high-priority support and/or enforcement issues
- Strong analytical skills, metrics driven and experience in business/data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed social skills
- Experience supporting high profile and/or publicly visible individuals either directly or in partnership with their representatives
- Influence and collaboration skills to affect change with cross functional stakeholders
- Flexibility; open to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and under pressure
- Ability to solve problems creatively and proactively, especially during critical situations
- Experience driving large cross-functional projects across different timezones; familiarity with project planning methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with Service Cloud, JIRA, Tableau, or similar software. Service Cloud admin skills, basic programming, SQL and/or experience in automation a plus.
- Active, passionate Twitter/Periscope user or a strong interest in social media
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent required.
- At least 5 year’s experience in a safety, enforcement or customer support role, preferably in a fast-paced online support environment or a role involving vendor relationship management. Experience with live video and/or illegal content is a huge plus.
- Working hours may vary depending on business need, on call or weekend work may be required.
- Some international travel may be required (up to 15%)
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!