Sr. Communications Associate, Thai Speaking, Contract, (SEA/Thailand)
Senior Communications Associate - Southeast Asia/Thailand - 12 months contract
Twitter is the best place to see what's happening now and to talk about it. From breaking news, entertainment, sports, or everyday topics; Twitter lets you see every side of the story and connects you with people anywhere in the world through real-time conversations around shared interests and live events. Anything that happens offline, you see it first on Twitter. A career at Twitter offers many ways to make a positive impact on society and in people’s daily lives.
Thailand is a high-growth market for Twitter in the Asia Pacific region, and it is imperative that we are able to communicate with Twitter’s stakeholders at scale in this fast-moving market. These stakeholders include Twitter’s users or consumers, as well as the brands that advertise on the platform.
We are currently seeking a Senior Communications Associate to work closely with the Head of Communications for Southeast Asia to craft and execute PR/communications strategy for Twitter in Thailand. The ideal candidate will have strong existing relationships with the Thai media, and strong writing experience-either as a journalist or otherwise. The candidate should also have a mastery of the product, as well as an interest in the technology sector in Thailand. Finally, the perfect candidate should not shy away from hard, proactive work and embrace the always-on nature of working at a fast-paced global technology company.
- Work along with the Head of Comms for Southeast Asia to develop proactive media relations campaign, tied to specific verticals, and secure coverage that increases Thais’ active usage of Twitter
- Help communicate the value of Twitter for Thai businesses by generating coverage that explains the benefits to brands and advertisers for engaging with Twitter’s influential audience
- Manage incoming media inquiries from Thai media
- Identify relevant speaking opportunities, manage incoming requests, and support speakers at public events in Thailand
- Develop and write communications plans, press release/media alert, blog posts, statements, and Tweets in Thai language
- Any other activities that the Head of Comms for Southeast Asia requires support in ASEAN
- 5-7 years of experience in a combination of consumer technology communications and business PR (in-house or agency)
- Possesses strong relationships with mainstream consumer and business media in Thailand
- Expert user of Twitter (ie. must be passionate about Twitter)
- Good understanding of digital and social media scene in Thailand
- Fluency in English and Thai languages (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge and understanding of Thai culture and trends in consumer technology and digital advertising
- Strong writing, editing and messaging skills
- Strong skills in collaboration, project management and planning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Note: This is a one-year contractor position.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!