Reliability Engineer, Twitter Command Center
Who We Are:
Twitter’s Infrastructure Operations team is seeking qualified reliability engineering applicants to join our Command Center. Join the team responsible for leading incidents to resolution at twitter. Build tools and instrument automation to make sure that they don't happen again. Our job is to increase reliability of the Twitter service by providing continuous site monitoring, oversight/management of key control processes, effective communication around reliability related events, and write the tools to automate it.
What You’ll Do:
Who You Are:
- You have a firm understanding of TCP/ IP Network, SSH, DNS, CDN and network security.
- You have scripting experience (shell, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl), proficiency with at least one or more.
- You are familiar with Apache Pig, Hadoop, MySQL, Vertica or related technologies
- You have knowledge of large data center environments.
- You have strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- You have a High Attention to Detail.
- You have the ability to work independently.
- You have Availability to work a shift schedule.
- You have Excellent debugging and analytical reasoning skills
- You are experienced in building automation to simplify triage, resolution and analysis.
- You value lightweight but high quality process and documentation with respect to complex systems.
- 2 ~ 5+ yrs of Incident Management experience on a large scale platform.
- 5 + yrs of experience in distributed systems at scale in a Linux/Unix environment as an administrator or developer.
- B.S. in Computer science or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!