Manager, Safety Analysis & Investigation Team
Twitter is seeking a Manager to be based in San Francisco. This position will lead Twitter’s Safety Analysis & Investigations (SAI) Team within the Twitter Service organization. SAI assesses and mitigates risks to Twitter employees, business interests, and users by analyzing political events and trends, while working with cross-functional partners. This position is ideal for a motivated self-starter who is eager to serve in a hybrid role, fusing investigations, open source research, and geopolitical analysis. This role will interface with Corporate Security, Legal, HR, Compliance, Trust and Safety, and Public Policy, and requires the ability to lead strategic projects and drive toward department and business goals. Additionally, this individual should have the ability to synthesize complex information from various sources and convey risk and analytical assessment data in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Navigate complex problems effectively by managing internal relationships and cross-functional teams working on company-wide initiatives.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including setting stakeholder expectations, maintaining team alignment, and mitigating project risks.
- Provide strategic direction by producing and maintaining core project deliverables, identify process gaps and work on short- and long-term scalable solutions.
- Synthesize investigative data and findings with general trend research to provide risk context for various stakeholders.
- Monitor, identify, and analyze global political and security risks to determine their impact on and relevance to Twitter’s platform and users around the world.
- Expand the suite of analytical products that provide insights to stakeholders across the company on topics such as: risk/threat investigations, geopolitical trends, and global conflicts
- 5-6+ years of experience leading a multifaceted team, mentoring others, and leading complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Subject matter expertise in open source research, security analysis, and/or investigations.
- Knowledgeable of social media monitoring tools as well as open source investigative tools and techniques.
- Understanding of global geopolitical and social issues and threats to/from different regions of the world.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and help shape the strategic direction of new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to a unique corporate culture and effectively balance security/safety with company values.
- Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Data Science, International Relations, Security Management, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!