Leadership Development Manager
Who We Are
Twitter…the best place you have ever worked. Ever. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. Our purpose is to serve the public conversation. We are committed to building a healthy workplace across the company that reflects our service. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading.
Success in this role looks like this: Our people leaders are critical to our success as a company. In this role you will lead the design, delivery and impact for programs focused on building strong leadership capability. You act as global program owner for full people management curriculum and core programs that support transition to director level roles. You will partner with stakeholders from across the company to advocate and support managers across the globe. You will drive the right outcomes for the business grounded in data, helping to elevate Twitter’s brand and culture.
What You’ll Do
- Program Owner for all people management development programs globally from new manager to mid level leaders. This role includes needs analysis, planning, managing the design and development cycles, driving execution and assessing impact.
- Define and drive a comprehensive roadmap for the global leadership population that integrates functional and regional training needs.
- Design and develop content for workshops, tools and resources that support learning and drive application specifically for, but not limited to people managers and leaders.
- Delivery of live and virtual learning for people managers and general business leadership to a global audience.
- Act as an expert facilitator and support Train the Trainers for internal employees as required.
- Partner with the broader L&D team and to align on strategic projects, global design and quality of programs.
- Manage a team to support leadership development efforts.
What You Have Done
- Designed and delivered a range of learning interventions to support managers and leaders.
- Strong experience of facilitating live and virtual workshops and training.
- Credible business partner that use global data to build meaningful insights that drive execution.
- Collaborative, team player with a strong focus on delivering to have an impact.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.