Launch Manager, Twitter Services
Launch Manager, Twitter Service
Who we are:
The Twitter Service organization creates meaningful connections with our customers that promote healthy exchange in the public conversation. We do this by developing and operating support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing global environment. The Launch team manages key initiatives for the Twitter Service organization, designed to implement world class support and operations for Twitter’s products, applications, and platform. We create clarity and focus for the organization to ensure we are meeting our collective, customer focused goals.
We are looking for an experienced delivery minded individual that can work across teams to create and execute project/program plans, motivate and leverage team strengths to deliver with speed AND quality.
Who you are: You have a passion for turning ideas into efficient operations and high quality customer experiences. You are a master of project management planning and delivery. You can influence without authority and are skilled at communicating across levels and functions. You are always looking to improve processes and are reflective on improving your own processes. You measure effectiveness and you make us better month over month. You are a relationship builder who cares passionately about the customer and how we deliver value each day. You enjoy coaching people and helping them find their own passions. You have a bias for action and thrive in matrixed, fast paced environment. You have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and deal with the stresses and tensions of a high profile area. You understand how to work directly with a large number of cross functional stakeholders and can drive teams with differing perspectives in a unifying direction.
If you are a leader who is committed to growing our team in program management thinking, and you are passionate about the intersection of speed and quality, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Quarterly strategic planning and ensuring the team is performing against organization goals and company OKRs
- Develop and ensure organization-wide adoption of launch methodology to simplify project delivery
- Working with the team on balancing multiple priorities, unexpected projects that come up, and overall resource allocation
- Keeping TwS management up-to-speed on progress against project deadlines, potential blockers, and other key developments
- Identify cross-functional dependencies, prioritize resource investment and drive organizational focus.
- Track progress through setting up the right cadences and report progress against OKRs to teams, cross-functional stakeholders and Twitter leadership.
- Run strategic initiatives, putting in place strong project controls for high quality and timely delivery.
- Identify root cause and troubleshoot people, process, technology issues that constrain teams from making progress and be “hands on” in facilitating the required conversations and be a trusted advisor to leadership on changes that are needed.
- Think systematically in putting in place processes that can scale and sustain a large cross-functional organization.
- Draw insights from qualitative and quantitative analysis, synthesize summaries and make recommendations.
- Create compelling presentations to effectively communicate complex issues to the executive team and to external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has:
- 6-8+ years as a project manager, program manager or release mgmt (operations or support domain)
- Experience in the tech industry and/or management consulting experience.
- Fluency with operational metrics and an appetite to define and improve them
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have proficiency in working with policy and engineering teams to ship products and processes with broad customer impact
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools. JIRA experience a bonus.
- Interest and capacity to coach and mentor project managers and champion growth
- Active Twitter usage and a fascination with bird names would be feathers in your cap
This job will require some travel to our Manila and Dublin offices.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!