IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
We empower Twitter through innovative solutions, support partnerships, and operational excellence
Who We Are:
Twitter IT is looking for an IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience, while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Systems, Engineering Operations, Security, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Twitter employees. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Twitter employees around the world, in over 40 offices in 19 different countries.
What You’ll Do:
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, working at our help desk and assisting our customers via in person walk-up, support ticket, email, or chat as needed. You will work closely with help desk staff to maintain IT support documentation, manage multiple IT queues and help to handle ticket escalations from our global IT Support Technicians. You love building relationships with customers, business partners and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end user support, have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting and are hungry to learn and grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
You will do the following:
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk during business hours
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades and migrations
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
Who You Are:
- You are awesome at providing technical support and love solving problems
- You are always learning and are enthusiastic about continuously developing your technical skills
- You excel at documenting issues while providing updates to management, the team, and end users
- You understand the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk
- You love standardization, scale, and know how to consistently follow defined best practices
- 1-3 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Technical knowledge of MacOS, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS and Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Familiar with Google Apps for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Google Meet/Hangouts, BlueJeans)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
- Some heavy lifting required
- Mac, Linux, MCSE or network certifications
- Conference Room A/V support experience, including Google Meet/Hangouts
- LDAP and Active Directory experience
- Experience with VOIP systems
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!