Global Mobility & Immigration Associate
Who We Are
Twitter is looking for an immigration professional to join our Global Mobility team. If you thrive on
working in a dynamic team environment, are organized and detail-oriented, and are at your best
when assisting stakeholders across the organization, you should join Twitter's Global Mobility
and Immigration team!
What You’ll Do
In this hands-on role, the Global Mobility/ Immigration Associate will work with the Immigration
provider and Global Mobility Manager, focusing on Twitter’s domestic and international immigration program. You will partner with HRBPs, Recruiting, the Businesses and Employees to support new and transferring employees.
- Manage immigration JIRA ticketing system – Triage and respond to requests for information from managers, employees, recruiting team and outside immigration counsel
- Manage the appropriate information in our immigration and global mobility records, including Public Access Files.
- Initiate immigration cases with external vendors.
- Manage/advise changes to employment status, job title, office location and salary and notify appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage/track and take appropriate action on upcoming visa expiration dates.
- Exercise initiative in organizing work, tracking cases, and escalating complex problems.
- Continuously improve and document immigration and global mobility processes.
- Build relationships with HRBPs, Recruiting, Employees, and Managers across the organization, and respond to questions regarding immigration requirements and timelines.
- Manage and promote internal education by developing and updating immigration resources, process flows, and procedures for HRBPs, Recruiters, Managers, and Employees to include: FAQs, presentation slides, and policy documents (in partnership with external immigration counsel).
- Assist on various projects associated with non-immigrant and immigrant visa filings, including H-1B, TN, E-3, L-1, O-1, J-1, PERM, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 cases, as well as global visas.
- Provide support in other miscellaneous projects and tasks related to relocation, employee transfers, international assignments and the global mobility program.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain high standards for all work performed, working on a high volume of requests under tight deadlines.
- Assist with I-9 verification and system tracking process.
Who You Are
An enthusiastic Global Mobility professional with solid knowledge of immigration laws, globalmobility and processes. You love working in a dynamic environment, breaking down complex topics into actionable next steps, providing detail-oriented support, and have excellent organization, time-management and communication skills.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Ability to understand the big picture of work processes
- Strong interest in immigration and global mobility
- Resourcefulness and initiative to ask questions to ensure understanding of complex topics, and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Exceptionally clear and open communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- A focus on finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to prioritize many tasks and complete tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 4-7 years of Immigration experience (in-house global mobility)
- Knowledge of F-1/OPT and J-1
- Experience with H-1B, L-1, TN, E-3, O-1, PERM and Global visas
- Relocation and/or Mobility Tax experience a plus
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is
an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry,
national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Twitter has a
multicultural team with offices all over the world. Come join our team!
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!