Engineering Apprentice - Data Science (San Francisco)
The Twitter Engineering Apprenticeship Program is an opportunity for folks from non-traditional tech backgrounds to experience engineering at Twitter. Our Apprenticeship Program is a one-year rotation program with employment. Upon completion of the program, Apprentices graduate and embed fully into a Twitter team.
We believe the people who build Twitter should be representative of those that use the platform, this includes people from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented within tech such as women, black, Latinx, Native American, etc, just to name a few. We’d like to highly encourage these, and all the folks from similar backgrounds, to apply for this apprenticeship.
- Applications will close on July 31, 2019.
- Qualified applicants will receive an invitation to participate in a HackerRank Challenge.
- All applicants will receive a decision on their candidacy by September 2019.
- You’re available to start with the inaugural cohort October 7, 2019
Who You Are
- You are from a non-traditional tech background (coding boot camps, self-taught coders, veterans, caregivers returning to the workforce, those making a career switch, etc)
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and techniques.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language.
- You are self-motivated and are looking to continue to learn what it's like to work and excel at engineering at Twitter.
- You have at least two years of work experience (does not need to be technical)
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with smart, supportive peers to build compelling user experiences that impact millions of people coming to Twitter every single day.
- Work closely with Twitter engineers to tackle technical challenges with engineering at scale.
- Learn and grow through programs hosted by Twitter University as well as informally with sister teams, local leaders, and remote collaborators.
Who We Are
The Consumer Data Science teams partner with our cross-functional partners, and Twitter’s leadership to quantify user behavior, inform product decisions, safeguard the health and integrity of our services, and to influence company strategy.
We are providing various opportunities for the apprentice to:
- Support the entire product development lifecycle from product ideation to launch and next iteration.
- Build novel metrics, identify the impact of products and policies, and study the causal impact of our product launches
- Work in tandem with team members by applying statistical methods and writing data flows.
- Communicate findings to cross-functional stakeholders.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!