Cybercrime Policy Specialist - Bilingual
Do you have a passion for resolving complex online safety and abuse matters and working on some of the most important issues facing the world today? Do you love conducting investigations and doing research deep dives for hours searching for an answer? We’re looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team player to join our Cybercrime Policy team in San Francisco, California. Success in this role requires someone who is curious, analytical, disciplined, proactive, and has a knack for managing multiple tasks efficiently.
The policy areas of focus for the Cybercrime Policy team pertain to some of our most serious and difficult policy areas including child safety, violent extremism, and other illegal or regulated activities. You will be responsible for handling a high volume of requests in an efficient and timely fashion, enforcing relevant policies, providing policy explanations to users, ensuring our internal legal and communications teams are up to speed on the work we’re doing, and contributing to policy development. You will also conduct research and investigations to help us gather global intelligence and mitigate threats. As a member of this team, you are part of a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
Please note that this position involves exposure to sensitive content.
- Resolve reports of abuse/rules violations, quickly and efficiently;
- Work closely with other teams and in-house counsel to identify, prioritize, organize, and resolve complex safety issues and other escalated matters;
- Compile documentation regarding issue resolution for team policy areas;
- Support research initiatives to inform escalation decision-making, and policy development;
- Conduct intelligence analysis and investigations to proactively detect threats that could migrate to Twitter and help us get ahead of those threats;
- Monitor key trends in behaviors and hotspot markets and feed those trends into our global policy development process.
- Complete fluency in English; Bilingual written and oral fluency in another language;
- Availability to work weekend coverage (Standard schedule: Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday);
- Familiarity with processes and tools used for increased efficiency;
- Exceptional business judgement and strategic thinking; extremely detail-oriented;
- You have multidisciplinary experience in technical or quantitative fields and data-informed decision-making;
- Excellent communication, and writing skills;
- Drive project initiatives to find new and innovative ways to consistently improve processes;
- Works well under tight deadlines;
- Active Twitter user with a passion and enthusiasm for protecting user privacy and freedom of expression;
- Patience, determination, flexibility, and grit;
- Familiarity with and respect for the norms of different cultures.
- Experience in the field of study and/or professional experience in promoting online safety, child safety online, and/or countering violent extremism;
- Preference for written and oral fluency in the following languages: Korean, Tagalog, Filipino, Indonesian, Thai, Spanish, or French;
- Prior relevant experience at a tech company;
- Experience using third-party ticketing systems (e.g., Zendesk, Service Cloud, etc.);
- Experience handling high-profile escalations;
- Experience with legal document intake/processing, safety policy or other legal operational experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant education / experience.
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is full-time in San Francisco. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!