Communications Associate (London)
We are currently seeking a PR expert to help manage public communications for Twitter in the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to create and implement strategic PR plans that support Twitter’s business objectives. We are looking for someone who has a strong consumer PR background. Experience of corporate and B2B PR is also desired. This role requires the ability to explain the dimensions of Twitter’s product strengths and strategic vision to the media as well as telling amazing stories around the value of Twitter for consumers, brands and advertisers. Our ideal candidate will be creative, hard-working, proactive and have a love for consumer technology and Twitter.
What you’ll do:
- Implement consumer programs and campaigns, in conjunction with our PR agency that help drive both user and revenue growth
- Work with technology media to highlight product announcements and explain new features
- Manage incoming media inquiries and develop close relationships with key reporters / publications
- Coordinate with internal international teams around relevant localised data
- Support the business by communicating the value of Twitter in the UK by creating outstanding B2B campaigns
- Develop and write communications plans, blog posts, statements, and Tweets
- Identify relevant speaking opportunities, manage incoming requests, and support speakers at public events
- The role reports directly into the UK Communications Lead and requires collaboration with the communications team in San Francisco, the European communications lead and other country communications teams to ensure that local initiatives are consistent with the global strategy
- Help manage the UK PR agency
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience in a combination of consumer technology communications and B2B PR
- Experience in managing consumer campaigns, ideally at both a PR agency and in-house
- Hands-on experience with consumer technology and/or media company
- Strong writing, editing and messaging skills
- Strong skills in collaboration, project management and planning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, amiable, a good colleague and collaborator
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Communication skills that make working with remote colleagues efficient and effective
- Ability to work independently and proactively to develop / execute on programs and achieve measurable results
- Fluency in English
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!