Twitter Inc. is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager for our Record to Report (“R2R”) team to manage ASC 842 lease accounting globally and lead process improvement initiatives within the Accounting department. The successful candidate will also be actively involved in all R2R projects that fall into Twitter’s digital transformation strategy.
The ideal candidate should have at least 6 years of combined Accounting experience, with 4 years preferably in a Big 4 public accounting firm.
Seeking an open-minded, driven and technically sound individual to challenge the status quo and is passionate about process improvement. This role requires excellent communication, organization, and ability to manage and work with a cross-functional team.
- Oversee and manage lease accounting for Twitter and its global subsidiaries
- Review operating and finance leases for appropriate classification and accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 842
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual lease disclosures
- Manage SOX compliance activities for lease accounting, including the execution of key controls, updating SOX documentation and support testing efforts
- Partner with teams within the Controller’s organization as well as cross-functionally with Finance, Sourcing, A/P, IT and R&D teams
- Manage monthly close activities including the recording of journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis and month-end close reporting for lease accounting
- Lead and support process improvement initiatives and projects for R2R and Fixed Assets
- Contribute to R2R and Fixed Assets projects that fall into Twitter’s digital transformation strategy
- Interact and coordinate with our shared service accounting provider in Bangalore to drive projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 6 years’ of accounting experience
- Must have at least 4 years Big 4 and currently working in the industry
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Oracle experience (R12), Alteryx
- You exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.
- You are passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!