Technical Recruiting Manager-Revenue
Twitter is experiencing unprecedented growth with its Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) organizations as it enters its teenage tech years. We have a great platform, passionate users, and a very bright future. Launched in July 2006, Twitter now has 320M active users. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have a global presence of over 3,900 employees across 33 offices.
This is the best place you have ever worked. Ever. Twitter is the window to the world. Our mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We believe the open exchange of information can be a compelling force for good in the world, and have built Twitter to be the real-time public platform for authentic voices, conversations, and ideas.
To effectively support EPD growth, our Tech Recruiting Team needs to grow rapidly and operate differently to attract, deliver, and retain top diverse, technical talent. Additionally, we are on a quest to be the best talent acquisition team in the universe which starts with hiring forward thinking, motivated people who bring a unique way of thinking to tackle people challenges. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need team members who have a solid foundation of success in doing that in a deeply dynamic environment. Won’t you #JoinTheFlock and be at a place where you will #LoveWhereYouWork!
Twitter is looking for experienced Technical Recruiting Managers to join the leadership team that hires top technical talent for all of Twitter. You will develop and execute a hiring strategy with your technical client groups (Engineering, Product, Design). You will work closely with the broader HR & Recruiting team, plus interconnected client groups, to truly understand the hiring needs and priorities. You have led, mentored, and guided a team of technical recruiters through the entire recruiting life cycle while also working closely with leaders to drive a healthy recruiting culture. You will build strong, respectful relationships and help elevate Twitter’s employment brand to a highly competitive level - not only for your client groups but more broadly as well.
Who You Are:
- You are a true coach. You will manage a team of roughly 10-12 technical recruiters supporting EPD. We want you to provide guidance, mentorship, and career development to your team.
- You get the true meaning of inclusion and diversity. It is important in who you hire for your team and for the technical organization. You devise specific actions to ensure your team helps Twitter hire a more diverse set of exceptional talent.
- You let the magic happen. :) You bring to life innovative recruiting strategies to support the growing needs of the business. You are open to experimenting; fail fast, learn and adapt quickly with the goal of getting to a new and better way of recruiting.
- You work with senior engineering leadership to actively identify and quantify, through workforce planning and tracking, the hiring needs for their organization. Think big picture when it comes to the Twitter recruiting strategy, with the ability to break that down into smaller landmarks for the team.
- You are a catalyst for the group’s hiring strategy and road map, and create success metrics with our other recruiting leaders.
- You keep the business up to date throughout the cycle working with Recruiting Strategy & Operations and People Analytics to present that information in a way that is accurate and usable by your partners.
- You view into the talent and competitor landscape such that our decisions and strategies around talent acquisition are informed by the best possible information.
- You communicate fearlessly to build trust. You bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates recruiters to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience supporting global/distributed organizations.
- 7-10 years of relevant HR experience as a Recruiting Lead/Manager
- Experience directly supporting Technical business functions
- Ability to build strong partnerships with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Genuine passion for developing and leading people
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of delivering on hiring goals
- Ability to build effective recruiting strategies that contribute to the team’s hiring goals
- Experience in organizations that have undergone significant growth, change, and/or international expansion
- Ability to travel periodically
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!