Technical Program Manager - Data and Enterprise Solutions
Who We Are:
The purpose of Twitter as a company is to serve the public conversation, and our mission on the Data and Enterprise Solutions (DES) team is to help the world stay informed and advance the public conversation through the use of our developer platform. Twitter has long believed there are more smart people outside the company than inside. Our developer platform is a unique lever for Twitter to invite all those people to serve the public conversation with us. Our customers are the developers who choose to build with us.
One of the most compelling and differentiated parts of our developer platform is access it provides to data about the public conversation. We believe Twitter data has unlimited value and near limitless application. It allows businesses, researchers, and developers of all kinds to answer this question: “What is the world thinking about nearly any topic, at any time, from any place?”
What You’ll Do:
As TPM, you will be responsible for partnering with DES’ Engineering, Product, Design, and Research teams to drive cross-functional initiatives that are in service of building the future of our Developer platform. We expect that you’ll be leading initiatives that span the breadth of our organization.
- Lead functional and technical delivery of key team and org wide initiatives.
- Develop and ensure adoption of agile methodology to simplify project delivery
- Design and drive implementation of new processes that bring order to how we work as a team
- Partner with all stakeholders in a program and lead execution from concept to ship
What You Are:
- 3+ years as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or a related discipline
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
- You have a desire to partner with product teams to define strategy and requirements
- You have proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features
- You have the ability to create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- You are a project management expert with capacity to own and execute multiple programs simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Consistent track record of shipping products with broad customer impact
- Hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software and services
- Shown ability to identify and resolve systemic issues
- Active Twitter usage and a fascination with bird names would be feathers in your cap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!