Software Engineer - iOS, Clients
Consumer Products is responsible for bringing you all the features of Twitter to iOS. This team impacts hundreds of millions of users, which brings with it interesting product and technical challenges at that scale. We keep development lightweight and agile, make data driven decisions, and release with high quality and velocity. Come be a part of our team!
Who We Are:
Our team loves using the latest mobile technologies and tools for making the highest quality and best performing mobile app on the planet. Our work is an integral part of Twitter's product vision and directly impacts the lives of our users and the success of our business. We are a collaborative and cross-disciplinary product development team.
A few things that sets us apart:
- We have strong customer focus - we connect directly with customers who are using our products, and use their guidance to make meaningful improvements.
- We ship - we are huge fans of build/measure/learn with a weekly cadence.
- Team-centric development - we are strong believers of limiting our work-in-progress and bias towards working collaboratively.
- We value software quality and technical growth - our code runs on millions of devices every single day, so it needs to be stable, performant, and trustworthy.
What You'll Do:
As part of the team you'll be responsible for using your creativity, excellent problem solving and technical skills to enable Twitter for iOS to reach every person on the planet. You’ll instrument, measure, optimize and build high quality architectures and code in feature areas such as Timelines, Search, Moments, DMs, and more. As an iOS engineer, you will work closely with designers, user researchers, data scientists, product managers, and the engineers that support the developer platform and infrastructure. You will use your passion and in-depth knowledge of all things iOS to craft the client components and features that will shape the future of Twitter for iOS.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced mobile engineer looking to make Twitter for iOS one of the best mobile experiences out there. You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a real passion for making beautiful, smooth, and delightful mobile experiences.
- You are customer-focused and understand that shipping impactful software involves trade-offs and collaboration.
- You want to apply your knowledge of iOS to work on a small team whose work impacts millions of users every day.
- You get stuff done and thrive in a collaborative environment that allows you to interact effectively with others.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- You have experience with, and enjoy building, new products and features, and enjoy working with product managers and designers.
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to take on problems at scale.
- You have empathy for your users and are interested in understanding the human impact of your work across all cultures and walks of life.
- Previous experience developing mobile applications (on iOS with Objective-C and/or Swift)
- Completed schooling in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!