Snr / Product Counsel - Consumer, Content Personalization/Moderation
SF preferred, but potential for Seattle, Boulder, NY, Boston
Who We Are:
Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitter’s product and engineering teams, and also work closely with policy and business colleagues. We are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal advice to our Health and Consumer Experience product and engineering teams from the initial stages of product development to launch and beyond
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients on strategic initiatives related to content personalization and moderation
- Create and provide training to clients and cross-functional stakeholders on the application of relevant laws, regulations, and self-regulatory frameworks to our products and services
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Product, Engineering, Trust & Safety, Policy, Communications, and Sales
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to privacy and content regulation
Who You Are:
Product Counsel must have a deep understanding of Twitter’s products and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people who are collaborative, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). A successful candidate will have expertise in at least some of the legal areas we face on a daily basis - such as privacy and data protection, content regulation, copyright, advertising, and consumer protection - and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.
- 3-8 years of legal experience (though more, even much more, is welcome) with expertise in one or more of the subject matter areas referenced above
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience counseling product, engineering, and design teams
- Ability to effectively advise and develop relationships
- California State Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.