Senior Software Engineer - International Engineering
Who We Are:
Twitter’s purpose is to serve the public conversation, and our top priority is fostering a thriving, healthy, global conversation on the service. People come to Twitter to see and talk about what’s happening in the world. It’s that talk that makes Twitter unique! While a focus on health ensures a safe environment for public conversation, we believe focusing on our international users is also necessary to ensure that Twitter is indeed the global platform for public discourse.
The International Engineering team owns the problem of making Twitter relevant and accessible regardless of the language of our users. The team builds and operates the infrastructure necessary for Twitter to offer localized versions of its products around the world, while minimizing the impact on developer velocity and maximizing the quality of those experiences. This infrastructure encompasses copy localization, tweet translation, tokenization libraries that improve language support for the product and various datasets and signals for surfacing compelling, language-relevant content.
Twitter is committed to reducing the language barriers for our users, and is investing in a world-class engineering team to do so!
What You’ll Do:
As a software engineer on the International Engineering team you will
- Partner closely with product teams to develop services, tooling, and processes that enable surfacing compelling, language-relevant content
- Work closely with our localization team to understand and improve our existing internationalization tooling and processes
- Advocate for localization and internationalization at Twitter, ensuring that the voice of the global user is heard inside of the consumer product team at Twitter
- You will promote a culture of engineering excellence, ensuring code quality, and best practices when it comes to localization and beyond
Who You Are:
- You are able and desire to take on unexplored, complex technical problems, learn quickly, understand tradeoffs, and communicate solutions
- You have experience with designing, improving, and debugging complex, scalable distributed systems
- You have experience operating production software in a UNIX/Linux environment or comparable system
- You have some familiarity with classical computer science algorithms (e.g. tree traversal)
- You have a disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests
- You are endlessly curious and able to work both collaboratively and independently
- You wish to tackle hard product and engineering challenges
- You have prior experience building internationalization pipelines or working on driving language support improvements.
- You're excited to ramp up on new technologies to build awesome things with us!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!