Senior Manager, Technical Operations at Twitter Service
Who We Are
We are the Twitter Service team, dedicated to delivering customer service through meaningful connections and enforcing policies to promote healthy exchanges in the public conversation. Whether we're optimizing support operations, guarding the health of the service through scaled enforcement, driving content and support channel strategies, or localizing the product for our global audience, we're with our customers every step of the way.
What You’ll Do
You’ll lead Technical Operations team that is responsible for the technical implementation of automated and scalable solutions to enable Twitter Service Operations to perform at its best. This team collaborates closely with and assists Product Engineering teams in configuring and supporting internal tools, delivering the highest level of satisfaction to solve problems at scale and improve operational effectiveness. You’ll play an essential role to build and maintain healthy and lasting partnership with our stakeholder engineering teams and will work closely with your leadership team to evolve the capabilities to deliver immediate wins to accelerate change in support of driving operation effectiveness through the development, automation, maintenance and enhancement of our key systems. Your role is also to play a consultant role in understanding both operational and technical challenges and provide technical expertise to initiatives being prioritized within the organization.
Who You Are
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a strong technical background and extensive knowledge and experience in project and program management, who demonstrates a great leadership and people management skills to coach and grow a team of developers, business systems admins and contracted software engineers. The ideal candidate excels at solving problems and has outstanding interpersonal skills to navigate complex issues & stakeholders while being a great team-player. You are well-organized, detail-oriented, a fast-learner, thrives in a fast paced environment and must have a passion for helping our customers.
If this sounds like you, you probably have:
- Prior experience in an engineering role, including software engineer, application engineer, site reliability engineer, infrastructure engineer and system architect.
- Experience developing, leading a team of project and/or program managers and coaching on their career advancement.
- Exceptional communication skills to represent the voice of internal customers and to drive partnership with stakeholders.
- Willingness to be hands-on as needed and to take an ambiguous assignment, create a process and structure for efficiency and effectiveness gains.
- Analytically focused and able to leverage business insights to make well informed decisions.
- Strong ability to define business requirements and develop Product Requirement and Functional Specification Documents for internal tools.
- Experience working in a support organization and understands the criticality of internal tooling efficiency.
- Technical aptitude with ability to learn quickly and adapt to new tools and processes.
- Strong project management skills and experience who can holistically plan out each milestone leading up to launch.
- Experience with triaging and managing bug, system configuration, and testing.
- Ability to manage prioritization among high demands.
- Experience partnering with different customers and turning their needs into actionable requirements
- Experience with JIRA, SalesForce, or other business applications.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science degree
- 5+ years of working experience in engineering role
- 8+ years of project/program management experience
- Minimum 3 years of people management and coaching/leadership experience
- Strong project and program management skills, with demonstrated experience delivering on a deadline
- Experience working on internal tools in support of an operations team
- PMP or Scrum Master experience or certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!