Senior Content Strategist, Developer Platform
Boulder, CO or San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
We write the words. If developers saw it in our products, we checked it against our style guide, developed the system, tested the messaging, and then collaborated across a number of teams to launch it into the world.
Who you are:
Twitter is seeking an exceedingly strong Content Strategist to join our growing team. Within Twitter, you’ll help create and implement the systems which keep our words consistently on-message and on-brand throughout every Twitter developer experience. From managing stakeholder feedback and conducting content audits, to writing, editing, and finding just the right GIF, you’ll champion and evangelize Content Strategy’s power throughout Twitter’s developer products and platforms.
What you'll do:
- Guide product decisions from a strategic content perspective
- Manage contractors creating developer documentation in collaboration with the Developer Relations team
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to create #OnlyOnTwitter experiences
- Maintain content matrices, style guides, editorial calendars, and glossaries
- Support content decisions by documenting clear logic, data, and user research
- Write and edit micro-copy like buttons, tooltips, and empty states, as well as longer pieces like tables, forms, blog posts, and newsletters
- Work with other content strategists on projects across Twitter
- Ensure “Tweet” is capitalized, everywhere and always
- 6+ years in a writing capacity: content strategy, technical writing, or copywriting
- 3–5 years writing on a product (agency or in-house)
- Exceptional writing skills
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience working with developer products a strong plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!