Who We Are
Twitter's Network Engineering team handles a dynamic, constantly growing and evolving global network that provides a reliable, high-performance and secure network behind one of the few products in the world that touches over 1 billion people.
Who You Are
You are a Network Engineer who is proficient with the fundamentals, and eager to grow your skills on a global network. You're a motivated pragmatic thinker, eager to get the job done while finding a balance between shipping and quality with a:
- Basic understanding of BGP, MPLS configuration and management
- Basic understanding of load balancing strategies
- Working knowledge of at least one internal routing protocol, its configuration and day to day operation
- Working knowledge of backbone and datacenter networks
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong documentation and communication skill set
What You’ll Do
- Help to define configuration and architecture standards
- Contribute to the qualification of new platforms
- Provisioning of network devices in datacenters and POPs as per documented procedures
- Provisioning and management of transport/transit/peering
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of tooling, automation and operational procedures
- Liaise with third parties and Site-Ops to fix and resolve issues
- Creation and execution of scheduled changes, process & documentation
- Participate in the on call rotation, as well as performance and uptime monitoring
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Multiple networking vendors
- Load balancing
- Network security
- Scripting and automation of network operations activities
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!