Engineering Manager (Machine Learning) - Home Timeline
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for an engineering leader to oversee quality for the home timeline. The team’s mission is to show users the content they care about. We build relevance and machine learning models and systems to power the core of the Twitter product. Every time users see new tweets we evaluate candidates from the nearly half a billion daily tweets to select, organize and deliver the best timeline. The recent products and technologies built by our team have shown consistent results in driving retention and are some of largest contributors of engagements on the platform.
What You’ll Do:
You will join the Timelines Quality team and lead a world-class team of Machine Learning and backend engineers. We’re looking for a hands-on, technical manager with a real passion for working on user-facing products. The ideal candidate would be equally comfortable guiding the development of models to rank tweets and predict engagement, whiteboarding new product ideas with designers and product managers, or brainstorming ways to efficiently index and serve tweets with systems engineers.
Who You Are:
- You have a background in machine learning, ideally prediction/binary classification, logistic regression, decision trees, deep learning techniques
- You have familiarity with A/B experiments and metrics
- You have enthusiasm for experiment and metrics-driven iterative product development
- You can hold your own technically with engineers on the team and give constructive feedback on projects and ideas
- You have a sense of urgency, move quickly and ship things
- You can partner with other leads from engineering, product and design to craft a roadmap and measures of success
- You can be a bold source of engineering talent and will be comfortable closing candidates
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Previously tech-led or managed a team of 5 or more engineers building ML models and systems in a production setting
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds. Twitter is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.