Associate Brand Strategist
Join the team that partners with Twitter’s most sophisticated, daring, and creative advertisers and agencies to develop human centric ideas worth talking about.
Who We Are
Twitter reflects what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about. Whether a brand is launching a product, promoting its brand story, or jumping into discussions about what matters most, Twitter is the best way to connect with the most valuable audience, when they’re the most receptive.
The Twitter Brand Strategy Team is a global team of marketers, creatives, innovators, and producers. We are endlessly curious, passionate collaborators that care deeply about bringing both fresh solutions and measurable results to our clients. We are embedded and indispensable partners to the sales org and use our deep knowledge of marketing, digital advertising (including mastery of Twitter), and brand-knowledge to influence and deliver outstanding creative and strategic solutions.
Partnering with the top brands in the world, we build ideas that are audience-led, insights-driven, measurable, on-brand, and ultimately lead to a memorable and seamless experience for the end-user. The team is tasked with both “thinking big” and “thinking pragmatically” on behalf of advertisers.
We care about the user experience and design creative solutions that will be useful and delightful for them while also delivering against brands’ objectives/KPIs. We aren’t here for fluff creative or to win awards (although we certainly do!), we are here to generate compelling creative ideas and consultation, rooted in a strategic understanding of brands and Twitter.
What You’ll Do
The Associate Strategist will Partner with brands to build human-centric ideas worth talking about:
- Lead projects across core Brand Strategy functions: Strategy, Design and Production
- Collaborate closely with other teams across Twitter: Sales, Account Management, Research, Product, PR, Legal and Media Partnerships
with brands [and key stakeholders]
- Clients: Brand, Advertising, Marketing, Digital and Social
- Agencies: Media, Creative, Social and Strategy
- Verticals: Tech, Telco, and Auto
to build human-centric ideas
- Frame: Find the real problem and outline a Twitter differentiated “way-in” to solve it
- Research: Uncover hidden truths about the Twitter audience that can be used as levers to success
- Ideate: Lead the generation of insight driven ideas and solutions - from timely brand storytelling moments to more complicated custom executions - that showcase elegant uses of the Twitter platform and meet brand objectives
- Pitch: Own the development and delivery of the persuasive narratives, stories and presentations required to sell through the concepts
- Execute: Oversee the seamless launch experience of programs that delight both users and clients
worth talking about
- Measurable Impact: Deliver ideas that capture the audience’s attention and connect them with the brand
- Transferable Knowledge: Capture and share the most significant learnings observed about the audience and the program
Who You Are
We’re looking for an Associate Strategist that is obsessed with breaking down a problem to understand it, generating ideas to solve the problem and evaluating those ideas to find the most effective solutions. The ideal candidate is a doer, a creative thinker and can light up a room with their strategic thought, collaborative energy, and drive to do what’s best - both for our clients and the business.
Signs you could be successful in this role:
- Love advertising and Twitter: You are looking for the opportunity to unite these passions.
- View ambiguity as an opportunity: It’s rare a brief or other assignment doesn’t need to be reframed or explored in a fresh way to yield the best solution possible.
- Passion for understanding audiences. You consider yourself part anthropologist, sociologist, data scientist, and investigator, hyper-driven to uncover what makes audiences tick.
- Insights driven. You’re never done asking ‘why’ and are relentless in the pursuit of simple human truths that ground and influence every part of a strategic solution or idea.
- Focus on impact. You thrive in finding ways to think big and work smartly. You’re both creative and pragmatic. You don’t have to be asked twice. In fact, you love to over-deliver.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in digital media and marketing at an ad agency, on the client side, at a tech co/platform, or with a media company (multi-disciplinary experience preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Twitter - as both a user and as a marketer
- Experience in building creative digital media solutions and sponsorship programs at scale that drive brand awareness and high user engagement
- Cross-functional experience, working across a variety of teams including (but not limited to) sales, product, engineering, communications, business development, and media
- Deep understanding of Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model
- Keynote wizardry
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!