Who we are
Twitter #Studio is a center of excellence and making for Twitter Marketing. We are a collection of best in class innovators, thinkers, designers, writers, filmmakers, animators, producers, creative technologists, and more. As the internal creative agency we explore, design, build, and champion marketing experiences that bring Twitter to life.
About the job
Twitter is hiring an Art Director to join the team with a background in digital product and brand campaigns. We're looking for a creative problem solver who is passionate about telling stories and crafting work that makes the technical feel human and authentic. You're a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You must be comfortable working across all mediums. You have a strong point of view on concept, story and tone of voice on behalf of brands. You have a high level of craft in all facets of your design, from in-product to short and long form scripts. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding.
The Art Director will work as an integral member of the Global Studio team and will report to the Executive Creative Director.
- Concept and design big ideas for all mediums, including social, product, interactive, content, activations, OOH, print, events, experiential, events, etc
- A strong understanding of how writing and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product
- Communicate complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways to a non-technical audience
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with art directors, designers, strategists and product and brand managers
- 3-5 years experience developing campaigns for digital/product/social
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Strong concept & brainstorming skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams
- A deep understanding of big social/news media platforms and their abilities/limitations
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Experience crafting design that brings humanity into technology in a way that is understood by audiences
- A passion and interest in product storytelling and project strategy
- Ability to press check and a solid understanding of photography, illustration, typography, editing, transfer, and filming
- An allergy to ads, defaulting to creating exemplary, intuitive, and useful visual design solutions
- Strong communications skills – written, oral, and visual – a sense of humor
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national
origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!