Staff Software Engineer - Data Management
Who we are
The Data Management Organization is tasked with ownership and management of the
shared services data environments. This function oversees the shared data services
environment and ensures company-wide adherence to the data lifecycle, privacy,
security, and ultimately the data strategy.
What You'll Do
Build internal systems driving the effectiveness of Twitter’s shared data environment,
work closely with team members and stakeholders to build new and extend existing
systems. Your focus will be on building scalable backend systems for our applications,
but with the opportunity to work on other parts of the stack as well. This role reports to the
Director of Data Management.
- Manage and contribute to the strategy and engineering of the data life cycle management
- Responsible Data Management Operations and Auditing for the entire Data Management Org
- Responsible for engineering and maintaining the API interfaces for the data life cycle
management and tiering
- Champion Software Development lifecycle from Data Lifecycle perspective
- Work closely with members of the team to ensure that all data flows are consistently compliant with all the services
- Provide best data management practice training to the other groups
- Produce and maintain complex data workflows to meet all the quality requirements of the data management policy in partnership with Data Manager on the team
- Able to provide feedback on the code to ensure best practices to meet DMO/Privacy goals
- Be the leader working with doves across the organization helping and training them on “Privacy by design”
- Write high-quality code, designed to be easily understood by others and maintained in the future
- Work with PM and Design to provide input on the overall product backlog and the design of new features
- Able to provide feedback on Release and DevOps practices
- Provides useful screenings and interviews and is a trusted asset in the hiring process
- 10+ years of experience as Back-end Engineer, now in a Staff Engineer capacity
- Ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Strong technical background with experience with
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python, Java
- Build Tools: Git, Gradle, Selenium Tests, Chef
- Monitoring Tools: Sumo, Prometheus, Graphana, OpsGenie, etc
- Multi-threaded performance testing with Java and Python
- Backend server technologies like Scala, TLS, Finagle, Finatra, and Flask
- A detailed approach to prototyping, writing tests and quality assurance
5 years of experience in Hadoop and related technology stack Strong understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance review Hadoop log files. File system management and ability to audit access logs and identify new data, usage patterns and identify new patterns and anomalies
- Prior experience in building enterprise tools/ internal applications
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience communicating with customers and determining their needs and converting them into a set of concrete requirements
- Experience working with teams distributed across geographies and functions
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!