Sr. Engineering Manager - Core API
Who We Are:
The mission of our Consumer Product Infrastructure team is to radically improve the pace of feature development at Twitter. We build internal interfaces and tools that make it easy to access data a variety of sources.
Working together on building and operating our own systems at hyper-growth levels is a rare and rewarding challenge. We are a tightly-knit and supportive group that loves doing great work together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Core API team, driving its technical strategy and roadmap – crafting success metrics in close collaboration with your peers across the company
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Together with your team collaborate with many engineering teams and product management to develop best-in-class solutions for our internal APIs to support fast product iteration and improve application performance
- Coach and mentor your team and support their professional growth and development
At Twitter, you can have a truly global impact.
Who You Are:
- have led projects with a complicated stakeholder space and know how to build cross-functional alignment
- have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate desired outcomes
- have strong empathy for internal customers
- have a track record of delivering new products and iteratively improving them over time
- have an interest in GraphQL or related technology
- have experience in API design and microservice architecture
- have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and help drive incident resolution
- are a great source of engineering talent and have proven ability to hire and retain
- have experience in performance management, career development, etc
- are a strong advocate of software engineering best practices and bring a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery, and reducing technical debt
- Previously managed a team of 5 or more engineers
- Minimum of 2+ years in software engineering management
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!