Software Engineer - Public Cloud Services (Boulder)
Who we are:
Twitter’s Public Cloud Services (PCS) team is leading the charge on taking the Twitter stack to the public cloud as part of Twitter's strategy to run services in a hybrid cloud environment. We are looking for software engineers and architects that can help us achieve this vision through two top-priority initiatives.
First, we collaborate with existing teams to make their offerings available in the public cloud.
Second, we work with all Twitter engineering teams to evaluate how cloud-native offerings can solve their challenges, determine how to best deploy those offerings at Twitter, and make them available internally in a supportable, reliable, and secure way.
What you’ll do:
Working with internal Twitter engineering teams as customers, you will drive cloud adoption through the combination services that are specific to Twitter and differentiated services provided by public cloud providers.
This is not an operations position - PCS is dedicated to building automated solutions that enable self-service and self-support for Twitter’s internal customers in the public cloud.
Who you are:
- You are eager to work with customers to understand and map their requirements to solutions
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- You have a track record of crafting and implementing complex software services.
- Strong Python, Go, Scala, or Java experience required and fluency in at least one other language preferred
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- You are comfortable in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- You have experience working with the APIs for GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with security and/or auditing in public cloud environments
- Comfortable working in Linux-centric environments
- Understanding of networking, specifically in cloud environments
- 3+ years of industry experience with large-scale distributed systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.