Software Engineer- Messaging Team
Who We Are:
Twitter’s globally distributed, real-time communications network generates trillions of events and petabytes of data per day. To handle this scale, as engineers on our Messaging Team, we build world class distributed pubsub systems and related infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- We provide infrastructure that enables systems to stream data between one another. Messaging technologies such as EventBus, DistributedLog, Kafka, Kestrel and Deferred RPC are used to decouple systems to improve reliability and simplify software development.
- Our vision is to provide messaging technologies which are self serve, reliable, cost effective, feature rich, and easy to use and operate, so that we can enable fast product development for our customers.
- Operating our own systems at hyper growth levels is a rewarding challenge, it is what helps make us great. We are a tight knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
- Check out these links for more details:
- Our Blog
Who You Are:
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about continually pushing the envelope of scale. You take satisfaction in building resilient, high-performance, and thoroughly tested systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies.
The ideal candidate has experience working with distributed systems at scale such as (but not limited to) Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB and BigTable and actively makes contributions to open-source software.
- An expertise in software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Java, Scala, C, C++, or another modern systems language.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.