Site Integrity Policy Specialist - LATAM
Who We Are
Twitter’s Site Integrity team works on the cutting edge of issues that affect the internet today — from combating spam and computational propaganda, to building new tools to keep the world informed during major events. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a policy specialist to lead our investigation, remediation, and transparency efforts to counter emerging threats, including disinformation, information operations, and election interference, with a particular focus on LATAM. We seek a critical thinker and doer who can organize data and work under time pressure to provide insights, propose solutions, and help implement them.
- Lead investigation and response efforts across a wide range of critical issues, including platform manipulation, election interference, nation-state activity, and API abuse.
- Research, evaluate, propose, and execute on improvements for Site Integrity processes and policies.
- Provide regular reports on suspected interference and malicious activity to internal and external stakeholders, including the Twitter leadership team.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to perform end-to-end quantitative analysis projects, communicate results, and turn analyses into tools, predictive models, and systems to assist in better identifying and mitigating attacks.
- Handle incoming queries about Site Integrity policy areas with clear, helpful, and complete responses and feedback.
- Serve as the LATAM in-region voice of the Site Integrity team, working with Public Policy, Communications, and other teams to respond to urgent issues and questions.
Who You Are
- You are analytical and have a knack for handling multiple complex tasks and projects efficiently.
- You are passionate about understanding and combating threats to online conversational health, and aren’t afraid of tackling high-impact problems at massive scale.
- You have a deep understanding of geopolitical and cybersecurity trends, and can communicate clearly using that expertise to inform stakeholder decisions.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are flexible, self-starting, self-motivated, and hard-working.
- You have multidisciplinary experience in technical or quantitative fields and data-informed decision-making.
- You are able to interpret information from multiple sources and work with large data sets. Data visualization experience and skills a plus.
- You have experience using SQL and relational databases.
- You are open to international travel.
- 5+ years experience working on relevant issues (content policy, anti-spam, safety, public policy, and/or security), preferably at an internet or technology company.
- University degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional fluency in Spanish.
- Familiarity with and respect for the norms of different cultures.
Note: this role involves potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!