Senior Research Analyst - Advertising
Senior Research Analyst, Advertising - San Francisco
The Marketing Insights & Analytics team is tasked with proving and improving the value of Twitter to the marketplace. Our team seeks to understand how consumers think, feel, and behave on Twitter. Through a combination of ad campaign measurement and market-facing thought leadership projects, we use data to uncover who our audiences are and how they react to advertising. Example recent projects include conjoint analysis to quantify the financial benefits of customer service on Twitter and our work exploring the time-spent-viewing thresholds necessary to motivate advertising breakthrough in mobile video.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Research Analyst is a position for candidates with several years of research experience and who have a bachelor’s degree in behavioral or quantitative social sciences or a related subject. You will work as part of a team, with significant autonomy/ownership, responsible for delivering insights and ad effectiveness measurement. You will own client relationships and campaign measurement for a set of accounts within the Technology+Telecommunications advertiser category; this will require oversight of 10 or more projects at once. This includes preparing and setting up surveys, monitoring progress of in-field research, extracting data, presenting research findings to internal and external clients, and facilitating custom requests. You will also own & lead thought-leadership research that spans multiple verticals where the goal is uncovering broader insights about Twitter’s audience & how advertising performs on Twitter.
Who You Are
- You have a strong quantitative background
- You enjoy working with data, with experience in designing and managing behavioral research or experiments and analyzing datasets
- You have experience using statistical techniques to draw insights from data you then use to make informed recommendations
- You have a client-responsive, customer service mindset; this is a role that blends analytical acumen with interpersonal skill
- You have experience and strength in maintaining client relationships autonomously
- You have a strong comfort level in external-facing settings (e.g., could present to a client within weeks of start ), and are able to simply explain complex concepts
- You have attention to detail and are highly organized
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative (e.g., could befriend colleagues outside of reporting lines in different geographies for knowledge sharing)
- You can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts
- You have strong teamwork and collaboration skills (e.g., could manage a project, or broader relationship, with a 3rd-party vendor)
- You have a passion for consumer internet and social media
- You’re willing to travel to visit clients, attend industry events, or learn in different offices (up to 10%)
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in social sciences, statistics, or related quantitative field. Graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of quantitative media research, market research, or analytics experience
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistical techniques to draw insights from data
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) on large-scale data sets; if this experience is lacking, then training will be available and expected.
- Experience using statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, Matlab), or general programming experience is highly preferred.
- Prior experience at an insights/analytics vendor, advertising agency, or on an ad sales research team is a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!