Senior Business Process Analyst, Trust and Safety
San Francisco, CA
Are you passionate about delivering value, operational improvements, and analytical insights to drive innovation? Do you enjoy improving systems, creating efficiencies, and designing solutions that let people focus on interesting work? Have you completed complex, multi-disciplinary projects in these or similar areas: business process redesign, program management, metrics-based strategy, or data quality? If so, you should join us!
Who We Are
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department are on the front lines of safety, speech, and policy issues that affect the Internet. We work to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Business Process Analyst, you are primarily responsible for the development of business process-related solutions for T&S teams. On the project delivery side, you will be responsible for strengthening T&S’s relationships with the engineering teams that build and maintain the tools and systems we use in our daily work. You’ll plan ahead, design and scope solutions, ensure adequate testing, and help deploy improvements to our tools. You’ll ensure that the needs of our international teams are well-represented.
- Collaborate with T&S policy teams to understand their processes and systems, identify areas for improvement, and establish a strategy to address these needs
- Working within T&S and with cross-functional partners, develop and execute on project plans that will improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitate sessions across different stakeholders, at different levels, to establish mutual understanding on strategy, processes and technical & non-technical requirements
- Develop requirements documents at multiple levels as required including business and technical requirements to connect business/process needs to product requirements
- Develop and update the roadmap for T&S’ tools by helping policy teams prioritize needs and pin down requirements
- Flesh out system and tooling needs that are as yet unmet and write the business case to justify investing in new solutions
- Anticipate management and transparency reporting data needs and work with policy managers and stakeholders to include these in requirements specifications
- Ensure that our systems comply with the company’s security and access policies, such as the use of access restrictions and audit trails
- Shepherd the user acceptance testing of systems and tools prior to deployment and launch plans
- Manage expectations and communicate the priorities, status, and progress of projects to stakeholders.
You will report to Trust and Safety’s Head of Trust Strategy & Analytics (TSA) in San Francisco. This is a full-time position.
Who You Are
- You are a strategic thinker and valued collaborator; you can design and execute on a vision while working cross-functionally.
- You facilitate critical conversations with ease; you are comfortable working with and juggling the (at times) competing priorities of multiple teams operating in different countries.
- You enjoy finding elegant solutions to tricky problems. You are analytical and have a knack for handling multiple complex tasks and projects efficiently.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are flexible, self-starting, self-motivated, and hard-working. You actively recognize needs, resolve problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions.
- You build and cultivate healthy relationships with partners and keep stakeholders informed and engaged. You customize your communication style based on your audience, and easily switch between verbal and written communication as needed.
- You are open to international travel.
- 6+ years experience in any of these fields: analytics, software development, operations management, program management, data science, product management, or process redesign, preferably at an internet or technology company.
- 4+ years experience evaluating and delivering operational or analytical solutions to drive quality measures and decision-making.
- Experience managing permissions and security solutions for sensitive tools and systems, a plus
- Understanding of the architecture and design of web-based systems and solutions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and respect for the norms of different cultures, a plus
Note: Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!