Senior Accountant - Revenue Operations
Who We Are:
We operate in over 45 + offices globally and growing. Twitter is searching for an experienced Senior Accountant for revenue who can be a key contributor in a high-energy finance organization. This position will be based in our San Francisco HQ office.
Twitter...the best place you have ever worked. Ever. That is what makes Twitter unique. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness, compliance, and efficiency of revenue transactions.
- System and Data Analysis: Work with Oracle IT/Engineering team to research and investigate revenue transaction/reconciliation issues. Data mining and troubleshoot data feeds and provide recommendations for short-term and long-term system solution and process improvement.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue operation in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Responsible for revenue month end close activities; Prepare and review of journal entries, schedules to support monthly close package and quarterly internal and external audit requests.
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going revenue accounting activities.
- Analyze revenue performance and analytics to identify risks and opportunities for improvements. Ensure compliance with key controls in the order to cash cycle, accurate GAAP reporting, audit requirements, and external reporting requirements.
- Provide hands-on operational excellence in the financial aspects of a constantly evolving revenue channel.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to implement operational and financial systems. Work closely with sales, legal, engineer, sales operations, finance and outsourced teams to ensure effective Order to Cash process.
- Travel to other sites as required.
Who You Are:
- CPA or Public Accounting background with Big 4 is a plus
- You take ownership of projects and drive them through completion
- You enjoy challenging opportunities to assist or co-design revenue solutions to address perplexing issues that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance team
- Proven performer and strong ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Demonstrates proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company, including experience in managing complex operations
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Strategic thinker with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, financial, accounting, communication and problem-solving skills
- You exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.
- You are passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- You have strong knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP 5+ years total accounting experience
- You are experienced with Oracle and Salesforce is a PLUS.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!